Sunday, December 27, 2009

Virginia is for lovers...but I hate you

You know what really grinds my gears?

You, Virginia. I have a couple of issues with you. But to begin, I just flat out don't like you.

Let me set up some background information of my disgust toward Virginia. My family decided to drive up to Maryland for Christmas and my great-grandma's 90th birthday, all of which were successful endeavors since I saw and played in snow. Now the day after Christmas, we have to drive back down to Florida, with a stop in North Carolina overnight. Our plans were to drive down to North Carolina in 7 hours.

Haha, yeah right. Thanks to Virginia, our trip was extended to 10 hours.

Now onto my list of grievances: First of all, people apparently do not know how to drive in Virginia. People of Virginia, there is no need to stop on the interstate if there isn't an accident or a lane shift! There shouldn't be a parking lot on I-95 for absolutely no reason!

Second, have your rest areas open! When your interstate is going to be a stand-still, you may want to have rest areas open so people can go to the bathroom if needed. I know there are budget cuts, but seriously, people will still be driving and people will still be needing to go.

Also, I-95 in Virginia needs to be a 3-lane highway, not a 2-lane. If every other surrounding state can be a 3-lane highway, what makes you so special to only need two lanes? Huh? Are you that special?

Overall, you are a dumb state. Why we readmitted you back into the Union is beyond me, but we did anyways. For any readers, this is your fair warning: Avoid Virginia!

And that is what really grinds my gears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I've read your BLOG....and as prejudiced as I am,, I have to say......I loved every one....(well almost).....Thought you'd want to know...