Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Oh, the weather outside is....Chamber of Commerce?

You know what really grinds my gears?

I have been hearing the term "Chamber of Commerce" weather for the past week and I keep hearing it everyday. I hate it when I hear clichés and they remain clichés for the next year.

Ok, how many of you have ever heard the term, "Chamber of Commerce" weather? I haven't heard it since last Friday, and yet whenever I turn on the news, I hear that our weather is Chamber of Commerce weather.

For those of you that don't know, Chamber of Commerce weather is synonymous with the best weather possible in a region. So as Goldilocks would have it, it's not too hot, and it's not too cold, but it's just right. It's the marketable weather that the Chamber of Commerce can utilize for advertisement and increase business in a town or city

So apparently, this upcoming weekend is going to be "Chamber of Commerce" weather, just in time for the Superbowl, but I am sick and tired of hearing it. Why should we name weather by a certain institution? We don't call bad weather, "Federal Reserve" weather. Actually that would be awesome. We (being the two people that read this blog) should start petitioning for a new term for bad weather. It's just an idea, but it could be the new craze that sweeps the nation.

And that is what grinds my gears.

Cameron

No comments: